Thursday, April 5, 2012

Haiti: part deux

The little lady is asleep. So, I'm going to attempt to get more than 1 "days" worth of journal on here. I'm already running out of cutsey little titles for these and it's only the beginning. yikes.

Saturday, March 24th (night):
We met the kids and played this morning. Right when I got down there, one little boy walked up to me and held his arms up for me to hold him. This little guy's name was Widly. (pronounced "wid" like "kid").  We weren't down there playing long before we had to get ready to go. Fenel took us to the land that will become the NEW House of Abraham! It's on 6 acres and it is beautiful!! We walked around listening to Fenel tell us about his plans and ideas. We all stood in one place and prayed over it. We prayed that the right people would come to build it, that God would raise up the funds to get it built, that the children who come to live there would grow in Christ and begin to change their nation, for protection. We did some serious prayin' about it. I am so excited to go back one day and see just what God has done! There will be concrete walls and a playground! A school and a HOME for children! Just thinking about it makes me wanna hop on a plane (with the family, of course).
All week long we rode in the bed of a truck! I stood up most of the time. It was fun! I felt like the chick off Titanic. :)
So, after we left the land, Fenel surprised us by taking us to his home. He let us know we were going to be able to use the phone. I immediately broke down sobbing! It had been a whole 24 hours since I talked to my family, which doesn't sound like very long, but IT IS! The ladies very generously asked if I wanted to go first. I said no. I was trying to get myself back together. I knew that if I cried on the phone with Jacob that he would be worried about me. Donna, who I now consider one of the most amazing women I've been blessed to meet, asked if she could pray with me. Totally let her! I'll take all the prayers I can get :) Ya'll the woman is incredible. When she prays, it's legit. So, it was my turn to call! On the other end of that phone was the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. I absolutely adore the way my husband sounds. He told me how proud he was and that Charlie was doing great. That was a happy moment!! And, I didn't cry! I think my voice was shaky, but no tears. *until I hung up* but I sucked it up quick!
We came back to the House of Abraham and played the rest of the afternoon with the kids. We played kick-ball, catch, chase, and every other game you can imagine! It was AWESOME. Everyone laughed and had such a fun time. The relationships were already being formed. I didn't realize it then, but I was falling in love with the kiddos in Haiti. The toughest part was the language barrier. I would get frustrated because I couldn't understand what they were saying. They would say something and then just stare with this blank look like "why is this lady not answering me."
Had the most incredible experience tonight (after my cold, no-pressure shower that is). Elizabeth, one of the girls on our team, was sick and asleep in the bed. Papa Jon-Jon asked if the kids could come up and sing to her and pray. UM YES! We watched as 13 sweet children sang a song to Elizabeth. Then Jon-Jon prayed. Immediately after he prayed, 13 little hands went up towards Elizabeth and 13 individual prayers all at once surrounded her. I was in awe. These children were praying for their new friend - out loud - in front of strangers! I am just now learning to do that. Yeah, if I thought I was in Haiti to teach, I realized real quick that I was the one being taught!! 


Sunday March 25th:
We woke up at 5:00 AM. we had to be at church at 6. It was pretty amazing. There was a preacher there from Kenya who just happened to speak ENGLISH! He preached about how we must raise up a generation that will live out loud for Jesus and how we must declare things in God's name - to take back the nations that we live in. He said "where are the wailing mothers crying out for their children?" That struck me to my core as I watched him speak and looked over at the sweet children sitting by him who had no mother or father to love them and care about their future. But, It was so awesome to see a PACKED out church full of people who loved the same Jesus that I love. I guess it kinda hit me all the sudden. Our God isn't an american God, he's the God of the whole world. And he wanted to use me in Haiti. That's big stuff.
After church was nap time! Then we had lunch and got ready for the beach!!!!!!!!!! We took the kids with us. That was an adventure! They loved it. At first, I was "in charge" of Saintamene (like scent-a-men). I figured it wouldn't be too tough. She's three. Good practice for when I take my Charlie girl to the beach in a few years. NO - WRONG - NOT EVEN CLOSE! The girl was crazy. She would just fall in the water face first. She wouldn't stand up, and was like a super heavy limp noodle in the water. I passed her off as quickly as I could to a more "experienced" mom. But before I could do that, the kid peed on me! All over my arm! Ah the joys of little ones. :) At one point, I had 3 girls pulling on me at once. One on each hip, and one around my leg. I loved it. It made me want more kiddos! (watch out Jacob). We came back to the House of Abraham, got cleaned up, and just hung out till bed time. It was a great day! I miss my family, but I'm making it better than I thought. I must have a TON of people back home praying for me.


I'm so overwhelmed just writing about this trip. I would write more, but I don't want to rush through any of it. It's like I'm living it all over again! Our God is an awesome God. He's opened my eyes to an entire world of "different" and I like it. Mommas - pray over your children daily. Pray for their innocence, their walk with Jesus, their future, their nation.... Pray over them. "wail" over them. Make it sincere. Make it important!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment